MapBiomas maps are constantly evolving. Frequently the study period is being updated, generating information at more detailed levels (extension of classes) and improving the image processing and the Feature Space to minimize classification errors.
The current version of the product is MapBiomas Pampa Collection 1 Release 1.
Disclaimer: Since the maps are constantly updated, it is recommended to verify that the latest available version is being used.
Products available for the general public
- Land use and land cover maps: maps in the matrix format (30x30m pixel). The legend of these maps, as well as the covered period, evolve throughout the collections.
- Statistics of Land Cover and Land Use Change: data on land cover and land use for each class of the map for all Biome, each country, department, and municipalities/sub-regions. Also available the data on land-use change for several pairs of years for all classes.
- Satellite images mosaics of each year of the time series, with a spatial resolution of 30m. The mosaics are formed by the composition of pixels in each set of images for a certain time period (e.g. filtering the clouds). The periods of the year in which the images are selected vary by country and result from the balance between the probability of maximizing the differences in classes spectral behavior and the availability of cloud-free images. In Uruguay and Brazil, the considered period was from September to November of each year while in Argentina from May to July. Time Periods were extended for some years and portions of the study area when the availability of cloud-free images was low. Each mosaic contains 107 layers of information including spectral bands, fractions, and indices (e.g. NDFI, NDVI, etc.). Mosaics can be accessed directly in Google Earth Engine for processing or download.
Products available for specialists or developers
- Methodological notes (produced in ATBD format) that explain the methods.
- Scripts Collection for image classification and processing (in preparation).